Men and Women, Boys and Girls… Come bring your funky fashionista flare!
Laney’s Legacy of Hope Presents:
Laney’s 2nd Annual Fashionista 5k
Sunday, September 6th at 9:00 AM
West Reading, PA
Benefiting Kids with Cancer
- Location- Park at Reading Hospital’s 7th Ave. garage & follow signs to start line. Event WILL be held, rain or shine!
- Course- Weave through the lovely park system in West Reading. Finalized course can be viewed below.
- Registration & Cost- By August 12th: $25 with guaranteed T-shirt & swag bag. After August 12th: $35 with no guarantee of T-shirt or swag bag. Day of Registration: $35 plus addition fee for T-shirt, if available. Mail-in registration MUST have postmarked date of August 12th to receive $25 fee.
- Race Packets– Early Pickup: September 4th & 5th 10am-5pm in the rear of A Running Start 705 Penn Ave. West Reading. Day of Race Pickup: 7:30-8:30 in front of Reading Hospital 7th Ave parking garage.
- Awards– Presented at 10:30 at finish line events. Also BEST DRESSED FASHIONISTA CONTEST will be judged during award ceremony. So come dressed to impress!!!
- Race Timing- Will be done this year again by Pretzel City Sports
- Amenities– Face Painting, carnival games, and music near finish line while onlookers wait for runners to finish.
Click to download 5k Flyer
To register online please click the button below.
Online registration closes at midnight, Wednesday September 2nd.
*Please note that there is an additional $3.00 fee for registering online.
Online Registration is now CLOSED! Runners may register the day of the race!
If you’d like to mail in your registration form please click below to download the form. Mail-in Registrations MUST be postmarked by August 12th to receive benefits of the $25 fee.
Final mail-in registrations need to postmarked by Wednesday, September 2nd. After that date runners will need to do day of race registration.
Mail-in Registration is now CLOSED!Runners may register the day of the race!
FAQ for 2015 Fashionista 5K
If I am registering multiply different runners online does payment have to be made separately? Yes, each registration form done online needs the liability portion of the registration read and signed by each individual runner. Therefore separate payments will need to be made for each runner if you choose to pay online.
Are strollers permitted? The course has some areas that become narrow with gravel and other areas of loose terrain. Stroller are not recommended on this course but are not prohibited. If you use a stroller you will be responsible for any accommodations that need to be made on course to safely navigate the stroller. Laney’s Legacy of Hope will not be held liable for any issue that arise if strollers are brought on course.
Can I walk? YES! At 2014 5K we had a large amount of walkers so you will be in good company.
Is there a shorter course or kids course? No. Unfortunately due to the area we will be running in and traffic control, we will not be doing any shorter courses.
Can I just buy a race day shirt without registering? Not at this time. You must register by August 12th to be guaranteed a race shirt. Following that they will be on sale race day but your size may not be available. So register by the 12th of August to guarantee your shirt.
Will the event be canceled if it rains? And will our registration fees be refunded if we don’t attend due to rain? No & No. This event will happen rain or shine. Of course we are always hoping for sun but in the event it rains we will make the best of it and continue to raise money for a children battling cancer.
Who is timing the race? Pretzel City Sports
Where will the times be posted? On Pretzel City Sports website following the race.
What age group is required to register? Any child that is physically walking/running during the 5K will be required to have a parent sign a waiver and register. All children under the age of 12 will get their very own bid, certificate of participation (regardless of time), T-shirt (if registered by appropriate date), and swag bag.